Roof inspections are the start of any job. To be able to offer a customer an estimate for a repair or estimate, we need to know the scope of work. Typically, an inspection is included in the process of acquiring work. Occasionally, a consumer may request only an inspection. In this case, SEI Roofing charges the customer and performs the following inspection:
- A description of roof system and approximate age.
- Is roof nailed or stapled?
- Are there nail pops?
- Are there exposed nail heads?
- Was moisture present at time of inspection?
- Are there any water leaks?
- Are there missing, loose, or split shingles?
- Are there discolored or dark patches?
- Are there any damaged or corroded flashings?
- Are any shingles buckled, blistered, or curling?
- Is there previous hail damage?
- Is there previous wind damage?
- Are any trees currently touching roof?
- Are there any areas of siding/fascia that small animals may use to enter attic?
- Are the valleys in good condition?
- Is the chimney brick or siding? What is the condition?
- Additional inspection notes.
To determine the a roof’s slope and pitch:
Measuring Roof Slope and Pitch – InterNACHI