Do I have hail and wind damage?
Hail and Wind Damage
After any severe storm with high wind speeds or hail, every homeowner should consider the possibility that hail and wind damage may have occurred to the roof of their home. Even if your roof is not suddenly leaking, damage may have still occurred. Additionally, leaks may be hard to detect and continue for months or years! By then, extensive water damage may have occurred.
What does Hail and Wind Damage look like?
There are several common signs of roof damage:
- Missing shingles.
- Cracked/Broken slate, tile, or concrete shingles.
- Asphalt granules collecting in gutters or downspouts.
- Leaks in your roof or ceiling.
- Dents on gutters, vents, or flashing.
- “Bruised” or dented shingles.